Saturday, February 19, 2011

Much Needed Three Day Weekend

Friday was an interesting day. It was my first full day since my boss let me go 30 minutes early on Thursday. I asked Eric to go with me to daycare because Ellie was fussy and I just needed some moral support. Luckily daycare is only a 3 minute drive from our apartment.

She was the first one there and when I went to pick her up she was the last one there. I felt terrible, but Eric said that it was not a good indicator as people tend to work shorter days on Fridays and I did not pay attention on Thursday to see if she was the first one there.

I took things a lot slower Friday morning and arrived to work a little before 8. I realized I have run into some challenges at work with pumping. First, the pump is kind of loud but I think my coworker doesn't mind (I mean she did hear me puke during my pregnancy). Second is washing the parts in between sessions. I have to walk into the kitchen and I try to cover my hand over the bowl containing all the parts so that nobody notices. However, I've gotten the eyebrow from a lady when she realized what I was carrying. I realize that I need to have a cover but the handle of the bottle brush will stick out. I wish there was an easier way to do this. This weekend I need to buy more parts only because they are sometimes still wet after washing the parts. Until someone approaches me about this, I plan to continue washing it in the sink.

I also tried to visit some people on Friday. There is certainly a level of pressure of looks when I went back. One lady said to me, "you lost your weight but you just need to tone."

Here's a video of Ellie's second rounds of laughs. Eric has made it a mission to get her to laugh everyday.

2 comments:

Beth said...

What about the sanitizing bags? That is what I used. You just put all the parts in the bag and put the bag in the microwave and wash things at night more thoroughly if you want to... just a thought.
Ellie looks like she's doing well though!
I hope you enjoyed your three day weekend!
XOXO

Nancy said...

I thought those bags were to really sanitize things. I've been reading and some people just put it in the fridge. I went and bought extra parts this past weekend only to find out I didn't buy ALL the parts. I guess a trip again next weekend. Thanks for your support Beth!