Friday, February 25, 2011

I Survived the Four Day Work Week

Out of four days, I cried twice right after dropping Ellie off at daycare, teared up several times throughout the day at work on the third day and well, the fourth day was a little easier.

When I drop Ellie off in the mornings, the group is in a playroom where all the kids 2 and under play together. Today when I went in, one of the teachers that work with the 1 year old room, was excited to see Ellie and requested to hold her. I felt relieved for some reason and it was a nice feeling. I guess our baby's cute chubby cheeks and winning smile are melting the hearts of other people besides us, right? ;0)

Ellie doesn't have much of a day schedule but her nights are pretty right on. She is ready for bed between 7:30-8:30 and typically she gets up at around 4-5 to eat. That is almost 8 hours and I'm loving it. Most of the time she will go back right to sleep and will wake up on her own at around 8 or 9 a.m. She just started this when I went back to work and it's working wonderfully for us. It gives Eric and I some time to get ready for the next day, shower, and do the dishes. We are certainly behind on our TV shows and a 30 minute show could take us two days. We try to hit the sack at 10:30 so that we both have enough sleep for the next day. I could be more tired at work but I'm thankful that she's "sleeping through the night." She's definitely a sleeper like her parents!

However, since she goes to bed at 8 this only leaves a few hours of awake time that I get to spend with her and even less for Eric. I dread the day when Eric begins to work late hours because I don't think he'll see much of her. That part saddens me the most. Sometimes when I pick her up from daycare I feel like "did you grow while I was gone?" Thank goodness daycare is only a 5 minute drive from work and home. I love how it's on the way to work. Sometimes I think I'm running late because I leave at 7:40, I still make it to work at 8:05 the latest!

Eric and I brought up the topic of evicting Ellie out of our room. We're not sure if we're ready yet. However, if she continues sleeping 8-5 I think it's something that we can consider.

On a different note, my 10 page paper that's been nagging at me since November is due May 1. I guess I should begin working on that this weekend, huh? Except I say that every weekend and all of the sudden it's Sunday night! Next weekend for sure is what I say. It's going to have to happen soon!

A picture of Ellie with her cute flower headband that I got off etsy (Can I say that I absolutely LOVE etsy!?!). Nobody better ask me "is that a boy or girl?"


No comments: