Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Daycare and Returning to Work

Today Ellie did a half day at daycare just to get her (and me) adjusted. She went to bed around 9:30 but work up at 4:30. Unfortunately, she did not fall asleep right away and I landed back in bed at 5:40 with the intention of getting up at 6. I was so tired I decided to sleep anyways, 20 minutes is better than 0. However, at 6:15 Eric's alarm went off and he asked me what time I wanted to get up. Not knowing the time I said 6:15 and he said "well, time to get up." Since this was just a run I said 15 more minutes and got up at 6:30.

I was able to make breakfast and get ready. Ellie was asleep (I said to Eric, "this is so wrong to wake up a sleeping baby") so I had to turn on the lamp and unswaddle her to wake her up. At 7:15 I began to nurse. Well, our 20 minute nursing session took 30 minutes as she decided to poop while nursing and it was a large one that made me change her entire outfit and then she decided to spit up on my clothes.

My lesson for tomorrow morning, wake her up earlier (6:45 a.m.), which means I need to get up earlier (6 a.m.), and nurse then get dressed. I have a feeling I'm going to be VERY tired tomorrow. Thank goodness I decided to go back on a short week.

Overall, I did well. I only cried once which was an improvement when we did orientation where I teared up several times even though we weren't dropping her off. I feel better because they and the director stress to me to "call anytime."

A picture to show you our lovely Turkey, Ellie (we decided on a nickname....finally, more because there's another Elizabeth in daycare!)

No comments: