Monday, March 14, 2011

A Full Five Day Work Week

Last week was the first full five days that I worked. It was challenging as I found myself deciding between shower or sleep. 50% of the times sleep won and I just put my hair in a pony tail at work the next day. I'm not sure where the time goes in the evenings. It's not like we're wasting our time watching TV. I think oftentimes I am scrambling to get dinner ready (which is not easy when I have a 20-30 minute nursing session right when I get home), washing the bottles from daycare and getting our bags packed for the next day. Let alone to spend some quality time with Turkey before she naps or falls asleep. It's a challenge and I hope as she gets older, it gets easier.

Ellie is still coughing. She got a little better when she went back to daycare on Monday but then the sneezing started and our bottle of Little Noses is almost empty since we've try to saline her nose so she can breathe, eat or sleep. Ellie also stopped coughing so hard that she would spit up all of her food but it started again this weekend. Sunday morning was the worse because it was so violent that it went on the floor while she was laying in her crib. I feel so bad for her, but it doesn't phase her. Even after that massive spit up she went right to sleep.

In terms of sleep, my 8-9 hours is out the window. She wakes up about 5 or 6 hours after we put her down so she's getting up twice a night with the second wake up 45 minutes before I'm suppose to get up for work. It's rough and she's still the only kid that stays the longest at daycare. I just hope that Ellie can get rid of this cough/congestion fast so that we can all get some better sleep.

No comments: