Saturday, January 29, 2011

Elizabeth is Two Months Old!

Quick update as I hardly find the time to do much. Any time I'm on Facebook it's only because I'm nursing Elizabeth and Eric gave me his old phone that can get on the internet if there's WiFi and there is in our house so there goes.

-Elizabeth is two months old! Eric and I can't believe we've survived so far!

-At her one month appointment she was 10 pounds, 6 ounces. 75% percentile in both height and weight! She's a healthy girl!

-Eric and I are in discussion about her nickname and I believe I will lose this battle (Update: Eric just said it's starting to grow on him...). I love the name Ella and he likes Ellie. So far he hasn't budged on Ella since it reminds him of an old lady he knew at church when he went in his younger years. I feel like Ellie is taken by some of my friends friend that has a daughter but Eric pointed out that it's only two of MY friends, but I told him that Elizabeth is an old name as well so it shouldn't matter.

-Other nicknames we've called her: fussy butt, Miss Piggy, Chunky Monkey (I know all names we won't be able to call her in two months). The favorite one that will probably stick is Turkey. At my last doctor's appointment, the week of Thanksgiving I joked that she was my turkey (you know the whole 'bun in the oven' joke) and then she was born Thanksgiving weekend so the nickname just stuck!

-After two months, I'm still figuring out the difference between her "I'm tired" and her "I'm hungry" cries. Touching her cheek doesn't work anymore to see if she's hungry.

-She's still fussy at night. Squats, swaddling, and the pacifier helps. My arms are getting a great workout.

-She's begun to SMILE! She's also trying to suck on her thumb, but puts her whole fist in her mouth.

-I have less than three weeks of maternity left. I'm torn because I miss adult interaction during the day. An ideal situation would be to work part-time and keep the same pay and benefits!

-Nursing has been a challenged. I've gotten an infection twice that has caused fevers and chills including a lot of pain. Many days I think about giving up but I continue on, hoping that things get better.

-I, personally cannot wait until she gets on a more predictable schedule!


Here's a picture of our lovely Turkey!



2 comments:

Josh Renaud said...

So no Liza or Beth? :P

You both have points in your favor as far as the nicknames go. I think each sounds nice, but I'd lean toward Ellie (although I like the spelling "Elie" better).

Beth said...

She is so beautiful! (and nursing gets easier. Everything gets easier once that routine falls into place.) Take care!