Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pregnancy Wisdom

I've come to the conclusion that having a baby is like planning a wedding.

First, there's the support people (bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers, parents, etc). Eric and I have been very lucky to have some great people that have helped us through this time.

Second, there's the showers. We have been blessed to have three baby showers. Our baby is truly loved by many.

Third, when we spoke with my doctor about a birth plan he said it wasn't necessary because things may not happen the way we anticipate it to. So, I have accepted that my labor and delivery may not go the way I want to and I have accepted that I am okay with that.


1 comment:

Josh Renaud said...

About that birth plan... I would still encourage you to make one if there are things you feel strongly about.

For example, if you want to be monitored as little as possible, or if you want to nurse the baby right away and not have it taken to the nursery, etc.

It's just helpful to have all that written down so that the nurses can know. Otherwise, in the craziness that comes, your desires may be overlooked.