Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Recap from Last Time!

I think it's been about two weeks or so that we have been living in our new house. Things have been so busy that everything is a blur. After I returned to work from maternity leave, Eric began to work extra to finish a huge project. When I asked when he would think he would be free again, he would say Valentine's Day. Well Valentine's Day turned to my birthday, my birthday turned to "end of April" turned to "middle of May." Finally I just gave up. Suddenly, one day, he was free, but then we found out that my uncle had moved out of our house and it was time to start packing and start moving!

However, we ran into a lot of issues. Like...the house smelled like smoke. My uncle didn't smoke in every room but even opening all the windows wasn't enough to get the smell out. Finally, Eric did his researched and found out that we would need to wash the walls, prime it, then paint it. Luckily, my dad and one of the tenants that owes my parents some money worked on getting it all done (along with Kevin, his friend Gerry, Eric, and his cousins Vanessa and Jeremy). It took longer than anticipated, but we invested a lot of money in getting the smell gone. There also happened to be two leaks in the foundation, a squirrel hanging out, and bathrooms that had no towel racks, carpet to be ripped out, flooring to be replaced. Needless to say, Eric and I invested a lot of money to make this new house our home. We're still unpacking and of course, Eric is back to working "half days" also known as 12 hour days at work. I hope we see the light of the end of the tunnel soon. We had hoped to have a House Warming Party for Labor Day weekend but I'm too overwhelmed to even consider that as a possibility.

I promise pictures of the house at the next blog posting. So many little things to do while trying to balance the needs of our two little kiddos. Here's a picture of Ellie during a recent trip to Stacy Park near our home.


No comments: