Friday, August 12, 2011

Feeling Disappointed

I know it's been a while since I have posted on my blog here. This summer flew by. June was consumed with Freshmen Orientation at work and I began an eight week summer course. July was overtaken with the summer course involving intense research. I sighed a huge relief when I turned in my paper on July 29th and rejoiced in early August when I found out that I received an A in the course.

Ellie is now 8 months old, scooting around, displaying signs of separation anxiety (luckily it doesn't last long), and has six teeth! She is Eric's and mine's pride and joy.

Unfortunately, the past couple of weeks I've hit a roadblock. For the past several months I had been proud to be able to provide Ellie with breastmilk. It helps me with the guilt of taking her to daycare. Although I admit I could not be a stay at home mom. I love the idea of working part time to spend more time with her.

However, the past week all of the sudden I've stopped producing as much milk. So I went back to my regime of drinking nursing tea and Fenugreek. I had a couple good days and then back to where my problems began. If I was still in school or if it was freshmen orientation I would understand or have a reason for this. However, at this point I don't. I'm trying my hardest not to be so hard on myself and not to get disappointed that mother nature has a different path for me.

No comments: